Retail Guide

If you sell fireworks you have certain obligations to the public and your staff:

  • You must be ‘registered’ or obtain a ‘licence’ to store fireworks
  • You must obtain a ‘licence to sell fireworks’ if you intend to supply (sell) outside the usual fireworks period
  • Store fireworks safely
  • Don’t sell to under 18s
  • Know your fire drill

The Fireworks Regulations 2004 require that you must display a sign where fireworks are supplied or exposed for supply, stating that it is illegal:

  • To sell adult fireworks or sparklers to anyone under 18
  • For anyone under 18 to possess adult* fireworks in a public place

*Any fireworks except for caps, cracker snaps, indoor fireworks, novelty matches, party poppers, sparklers, serpents and throwdowns